Ginger Tea

Arun Khamesra once asked me whether I ordered tea or coffee when I eat out, and I had answered, "Depends". After complaining that I answered every question with a "depends", he asked me to elaborate on my answer. I explained, "Good tea is better than good coffee, but bad tea is worse than bad coffee." So what I ordered depends on whether I am expecting the place the serve good or bad tea.

I had almost given up drinking tea in office because the tea made out of tea-bags is bad tea. In the new office, however, we have a vending machine that serves out so-called "ready-made" tea, as against "tea-bag tea" that we got in the old office. Not only is it ready-made, it's cardamom tea. Hence I have fallen into habit of regularly drinking in office. And sometimes I am lucky to even get Good-day biscuits along with it [which, if no one's around, I dip in the teacup. yuck if are looking, but yummy to taste! :-)]. Yesterday I was a bit disappointed (and angry) that they had replaced the vendoning machine with a new one that didn't have Cardamom Tea. Today I was relieved to see a chit of paper pasted on one of the options that said "Cardamom Tea". And to my great delight, the one below it said "Ginger Tea"! wow!! That's the ultimate!! I am so glad. Who cares how much I draw at the end of the month?!

No comments: