It matters not what you do ...

... but how well you do it. As I mature, I am realising that it doesn't matter so much what work you do, as much as how well you do what you do.

There's the CEO of a company, who is all stressed out because of his incompetence at doing the job, and has made life miserable for himself as well as for others, at work and at home. And there's the housemaid, who is so good at her work, that it is she who runs the family, because no one can move a thing without her aid. The latter is leading a more productive and happier life than the former. The maid is contributing more to the society than the CEO. It's better to be a housemaid, who is good at her job than be a CEO, who is bad at his. This is a simple truth that we need to realise, because many of us are struggling to climb the so-called corporate ladder.

I have often experienced that once I realise something, it becames my second nature. It gets ingrained in my actions as if I knew it all along. This is one more thing that I need to keep this in my mind. I should not judge people by their visiting cards. A person's designation doesn't matter at all. The only way to judge a person's success is to know how well he does what he has chosen to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JP: Very well said !

- Rohit