Suresh Shenoy - the greatest person I ever worked with

I came to know this morning that Suresh Shenoy passed away. I am shocked. I don’t have words to express my sorrow. It is hard to believe that I will never ever get an opportunity to meet him. My eyes are moist as many thoughts pass my mind. Even in this period of Wuhan coronavirus pandemic, when I have lost so many close relatives, Suresh Shenoy's passing away will hurt more than anything else. 

Suresh Shenoy was my manager for only 11 months. And yet how he touched my life!! How is it that in such a short period of time he influenced my life so much, in such a positive way. In last 15 years, I only spoke to him once (in 2016) on phone. The last I had met him was on the day of leaving i2 in 2006, when we met at a coffee shop. 

For me Suresh Shenoy was the proof of the existence of ईश्वर! And the proof that on some rare occasions ईश्वर intervenes in the lives of the men, and answers sincere prayers of a deserving भक्त. 

At the end of MBA education, while all my friends were praying for jobs in great companies, all I asked ईश्वर was a great manager to work for. And ईश्वर sent Suresh Shenoy in my life!! I had zero influence on choosing Suresh Shenoy as my manager. It was ईश्वर’s choice. And He could not have selected a greater human being and a greater professional than Suresh Shenoy. I thank ईश्वर for making people like Suresh Shenoy, and bringing them in our lives to set an example for us common mortals. 

The only real tribute to Suresh Shenoy would be to strive to become a good human being and a good professional like him. I pray that I may develop some of the great qualities that Suresh Shenoy so naturally demonstrated. I can never really become a Suresh Shenoy; not in this life. But even if I develop a small fraction of the greatness that Suresh Shenoy personified, I would consider myself as accomplished. 

PS: 
हे ईश्वर, why did you have to take him away from us to remind us of his greatness? :_(  

PPS:
I always desired to meet Suresh Shenoy sometime. I never thought something like this would happen. My wish to meet him will remain forever unfulfilled.

No comments: